Den Building Activity Kit
All the tools and materials your child needs to build their own den!
A walk in the British Woodland promises discovery, tranquillity and a vital connection to one of the richest and diverse landscapes in the UK.
This kit provides the tools to create their very own shelter amongst the trees, with a beautifully illustrated identification and fact sheet to help expand their knowledge of our native, living heritage.
And not only that! The kit also contains the equipment needed to grow their own sapling.
- Recommended for age 6+
- Child-sized tools
- Comes in a sturdy canvas bag
- Full instructions included
- Eco-friendly product & packaging
- Ethically designed and made in the UK
What's In The Kit
- A hefty haversack made from cotton webbing which can be washed in the machine. It has a useful shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- A tough woodland-camouflage tarpaulin - waterproof as well as rot-resistant. Approx size 2.4 x 1.8m.
- A durable groundsheet - waterproof and rot-resistant. It has eyelets too, so can double up as another tarpaulin. Approx size 1.8 x 1.2 m.
- A beautiful, unique and functional wooden mallet fashioned from coppiced wood, complete with bark and made us here in Shropshire.
- Ensure you don’t lose your tent pegs by keeping them in this useful drawstring, cotton tent peg bag.
- 10 metres of strong, natural jute rope.
- 8 holdfast steel tent pegs; made for us in the UK.
- Helpful tips and den-building inspiration on a handy, saveable sheet.
- A Kent & Stowe trowel with a high-quality stainless steel head. Handle made from beautiful ash wood, contoured for a comfortable grip. Proportionally smaller and lighter than an adult's hand trowel.
- A beautifully illustrated tree and seed reference guide. Designed, folded and laminated for a long life by the Field Studies Council.
- A handmade hazel marker to remind you where you planted your seed!
- A reusable, drawstring jute bag to hold seed collections or specimens.
- A helpful hints and tips guide to help you grow your tree.
Warning! Not suitable for children under 3 years.
- Long cords and small parts.
- Strangulation and choking hazards.
- Functional sharp points.
- Adult supervision necessary due to small parts and sharp tools.
- Recommended for children 6+
Why We Love Them
This kit would make an ideal birthday or Christmas gift!
It contains everything children will need to have an exciting adventure exploring the outdoors. They can build a shelter with the tarpaulin, groundsheet and tent pegs, then get to work collecting seeds!
The whole den kit has been expertly and thoughtfully designed to be ideal for children to play with and learn as independently as possible, even down to the child-sized tools.
How cool are the camo tarp and handmade wooden mallet?! Kids (and big kids!) will absolutely love this kit.
We love that the den kit comes in a sturdy canvas bag, making it easy to transport and it's also handy for storage.
THE DEN KIT COMPANY
"With roots in teaching and Forest School, our goal is to bring children closer to nature. The Den Kit Company started life as Flibberty - the seed of an idea that was planted, watered and tended by Kay and Jo who, as ex-primary school teachers and Forest School Practitioners, are both passionate advocates of outdoor play.
As the company has grown, so has the team behind it - each one with a vital role in maintaining the integrity of our vision: To inspire wonder and intrigue in the next generation through creative, fun and unprescribed outdoor play.
Our Den Kits were designed to encourage children outside - whether a tiny backyard, on top of a hill, in a meadow, field, forest, beach or balcony. The promise of a hand-crafted space in which to set up a temporary retreat is tempting to children (and adults) of all ages, and with little or no previous den-building experience. No single-use-plastic, no batteries, no complicated instructions - this is inclusive, simple, unadulterated fun.
We are now a thriving rural business, based in an old dairy surrounded by farmland and woods that offer the ideal backdrop to our photoshoots. Our products are all designed by us, tested by our expert team of young dengineers, sourced with sustainability in mind and assembled in our workshop here in Shropshire.
ADVENTURE, IT’S IN OUR NATURE."