Concentrated laundry detergent eco-strips. Each Tru Earth eco-strip packs ultra-concentrated, convenient, eco-friendly cleaning power into a tiny, pre-measured strip of detergent that you just throw into the washing machine with your laundry! This fragrance-free formula is ideal for those who are sensitive to fragrance in laundry detergents.
The smart formulation effectively seeks out and dislodges dirt molecules and stains, keeping them in suspension until they are rinsed away. It makes your laundry washing chore easier, healthier, more economical, and much kinder to our planet.
Clean, green, and simple!
- 32 washes per pack
- 1 strip = 1 wash (use half a strip for small loads)
- Cruelty-free & Vegan
- Zero parabens & phosphates
- Free of added dyes & chlorine bleach
- Free of 1,4-dioxane, as certified by independent laboratory tests
- Readily biodegradable in accordance with OECD 310D
- Low carbon footprint
- Also available in Baby and Fresh Linen
Why We Love Them
We think these laundry eco-strips are a genius idea! Not only are they plastic-free and made from eco-ingredients, but their lightweight nature also reduces transportation fuel consumption and global-warming carbon emissions by 94% compared to conventional liquid and powder laundry detergents!
How To Use
The laundry eco-strips are very simple to use, and there is no measuring required, so no mess!
- Remove a strip from the packet - use 1 strip for each load (or half a strip for a small load)
- Place the eco-strip inside the drum of your washing machine
- Put your laundry in the machine and turn on to the desired wash cycle
- Effective at hot and cold temps
- Vegetable Glycerin: plant-derived softener
- Starch: plant-derived biodegradability booster
- PVA: biodegradable supporting matrix
- Potassium Sorbate: Food grade preservative
- Light Mineral Oil: Used in manufacturing as a processing aid (not an active product ingredient)
- Cocamidopropyl betaine: coconut oil-based, biodegradable amphoteric surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam booster
- Sodium Gluconate: plant-derived and food-grade, biodegradable water softener that prevents soil from resettling on fabric after it has been removed during washing
- Lauryl dimethyl amine oxide: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam stabilizer
- Sulfonic acids, C14-16-alkane hydroxy and C14-16-alkene, sodium salts: biodegradable surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Glycereth cocoate: plant-derived and food-grade, biodegradable water softener
- Caprylyl Glucoside, Octyl Glucoside: non-ionic surfactants (cleaning agents)
- Fragrance oil blend (not used in Fragrance Free): natural essential oils and synthetic ingredients
- Residual Water
"When Ryan and his wife Kathleen were expecting their third child, Ryan would wake up, pour his 4 year old son,and 3 year old daughter a glass of milk, and watch YouTube kids videos with them. As most kids do, they LOVED watching shows about toys. Ryan loved his morning routine with the kids, but he got upset by the crazy amounts of plastic waste in the shows they watched. In one popular toy show, it almost seemed the family was promoting this waste. A kid would open a treasure chest made of plastic, wrapped in plastic, with an egg carton of plastic sitting on top. Underneath the toy was more plastic, with 20 little parts wrapped in plastic.
“This is insane!” Ryan thought.
Ryan wasn’t a hardcore environmentalist by any stretch, but he cared about the world and his kids’ futures. He thought “there’s got to be something we can do! This plastic is just about convenience, but what if there’s a way to make sustainable packaging convenient?” Ryan called up his good friend Brad, a serial entrepreneur. Recently Brad told him about an extended-family member with a patent on laundry detergent that was supposed to be eco-friendly, but Brad didn’t really “get it.”
“If it’s so eco-friendly, how the heck does it get my clothes clean?”
Brad had grown up in an eco-conscious household, but couldn’t understand how an entire jug of laundry detergent fit in packaging the size of an iPhone. But when Ryan called him up he decided to actually TRY the product for himself instead of dismissing it. Brad, Ryan, and Ryan’s childhood friend Kevin each tried the laundry strips. All three of them concluded the same thing. This stuff actually works! That’s when we decided to become a team, but first we wanted to test our idea to see if anyone else loved the laundry strips as much as we did. Kevin set up a small webpage, Ryan wrote about his experience with the product on that page, and we put it out to market. We determined that 150 subscription orders in the first 30 days would be enough to take this seriously and invest our resources into growing a company. At the end of 30 days we had 1,500 new subscribers.
It became clear that just like each of us, many people want to make better consumer choices to help the environment, but simply don’t know how to. Many also feel skeptical about environmental products, but would buy them if they actually work. Because of these two desires from the people, our company was born. Within 9 months we serve 40,000 people in 19 countries... and the planet!
Simplicity. We believe little hinges swing big doors and small actions add up to big changes. We’re not perfect and we’re not asking anyone else to be.
Empowered: We all have the power to choose. We create products that empower people to choose sustainability, without compromising convenience.
Integrity: As our company grows we will keep the close sense of family that we started with.
We will never compromise our values or cut corners to keep costs. We will not shortchange the environment to make a profit. We will be transparent about production and ingredients.
We will never shame anyone or make people feel bad about their choices, we will simply work to provide eco-friendly products that work."