This beautifully fragrant solid conditioner softens and nourishes dry hair with wheat protein, mango butter, and plant oils. Best for wavy and curly hair types, but also works well on fine and straight hair with 'reverse washing' (applying the conditioner before shampooing).
The length of time that the bar will last will vary depending on hair type and frequency of use, but in general the bar will last approximately 2-3 months when used around 3 times per week.
- Curly girl method approved
- Sulfate-free & pH balanced
- Vegan & Cruelty-free
- No palm oil
- Handmade with botanical ingredients
- Naturally fragranced with essential oils
- Available in Floral (Geranium, Bergamot & Vanilla) or Citrus (Grapefruit, May Chang & Jasmine) or Musk (Neroli, Vetiver & Patchouli)
- 50g bar (5 x 5 x 2.5cm).
- Plastic-free and packaged in a recyclable cardboard box (FSC Mix 70%)
Why We Love Them
This creamy bar is super concentrated with conditioning and moisturising ingredients to make your hair look and smell amazing. A little goes a long way, so the bar will last you ages! Solid conditioners are an easy way to remove a plastic bottle from your bathroom and they are ideal for travel. This conditioner can be used along with any shampoo, but you can pair it up with the matching shampoo bar from Hairy Jayne.
If you are following the Curly Girl Method then this conditioner bar is the one for you! It is both vegan and Curly Girl Method Approved, which is not so easy to find. Zero sulfates, synthetic fragrances, preservatives, plastic or palm oil, cruelty-free, and packed with natural ingredients... It ticks so many boxes which we just love!
How To Use
There are two ways to use this solid conditioner. The first is to pinch off a small piece of the bar (you don't need much!), work it into your palms with a small amount of water to create a cream, and apply to the ends of the hair. Alternatively, you can magically create a liquid conditioner from the bar! Just follow these simple steps:
- Chop the bar into quarters with a knife. It's best to do this in four pieces as the conditioner bars contain no preservatives, so once water is added to make the liquid, the conditioner will only stay fresh for a few weeks.
- Place the cube in a small glass or container. Add roughly the same amount of boiling water as the size of the piece. Use a clean spoon or stirrer to swill it around and help it dissolve.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes and it will thicken up slightly.
- Gradually add more cool water to the mixture and stir well until it is the desired consistency.
Hairy Jayne makes hair care products that help women take better care of their dry hair – with a choice of divine fragrances. The products are made from the best moisturising ingredients available. Naturally derived, vegan ingredients that cause the least harm to us on our skin, and the least harm to our world when they end up down the plug. Sulfates and parabens are out, and plant oils and fragrant essential oils are definitely in. All of the products have been registered with the Vegan Society and are 100% cruelty-free.
Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Stearic Acid*, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Bergamia Peel Oil Expressed, Parfum, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Coumarin, Farnesol. *Palm-free